ASPHALT DRIVEWAY PAVING
Your driveway is the first thing guests see as an important part of your landscape in complementing your home and its surroundings. B.P.C Asphalt has been installing new and overlaying existing asphalt driveways since 2007. We are new to the Nashville, TN market and look forward in servicing your asphalt paving driveway needs along with asphalt paving parking lot needs as well.
Our Driveways are constructed for durability, minimum maintenance and aesthetics. Do consider no two driveways are exactly alike. We identify your specific needs and our experienced estimators will provide you with a driveway that meets your individual needs and complements your property.
The basis of an asphalt driveway starts from – the ground up, because what goes underneath is just as important as what goes on top. In new design, B.P.C. Asphalt, ensures proper design and placement of aggregate under your asphalt, giving your driveway the best possible quality construction.
On existing paved driveways, areas either side of the sidewalk and outside of the garage may have to be taken out to make a flush fit with the existing concrete. Also, any damaged areas may have to be saw cut and taken out. If the driveway has low areas, a leveling course may be needed before the surface course is installed. If the asphalt driveway is extremely damaged due to cracking or sub-base failure, the entire existing surface may have to be removed.
Asphalt Driveways need periodic maintenance of seal coating to protect their structural integrity.
- Beautification – Fresh sealcoat brings a dark black color to the pavement, making it look and wear like new. This enhances the outside appearance of your home for visitors and gives first impressions for potential buyers if you are trying to sell your house.
- Slows oxidation and water penetration – Exposure to oxygen hardens asphalt binders and results in a brittle pavement surface that soon cracks. These cracks permit water to penetrate into the sub-base, weakening it and reducing pavement strength. This in turn leads to more cracks, which can eventually expand and become potholes. Sealcoating fills surface voids, reducing exposure to oxygen and water and prolonging pavement life.
- Resists gas and oil spills – Gasoline or oil leaking from a engine can soften asphalt. Because coal tars aren’t soluble in gas or oil, coal tar sealers prevent this damage.
- Resists ultraviolet rays – Ultraviolet rays from the sun break the links between carbon bonds within asphalt. Sealcoat does not repair4 any damage that has already occurred to the asphalt, but it does prevent ultraviolet rays from further damaged the asphalt pavement.
- Easier to clean and maintain – Sealcoat fills surface voids while coating the pavement surface. The resulting smooth and even texture makes surfaces easier to maintain year-round – snow is easier to remove from a smooth surface, and sweeping is more effective on a smooth surface.
- Increased pavement flexibility – Sealcoat keeps a driveway black. The blacker it is, the more heat it draws from the sun; the more heat it draws, the more pliable it is, the more able it is to withstand traffic.
- Cost-effective in the long run – The price of asphalt in Nashville TN will always be affected by crude oil prices, which fluctuate when supplies vary. It’s less expensive to sealcoat an asphalt driveway every couple of years using a coal tar emulsion sealer than to overlay or replace your driveway.